I was bored the other day so headed over to the Superdrug website and had a mooch about. I had seen a Tanya Burr eye-shadow on a Zoella favourites video on the Youtube but as I know they are friends i took it with a pinch of salt, of course she was going to like it!
Superdrug had them on a 3 for 2 offer and they were pretty cheap (less than £5 each) so I decided to buy some.
Here’s what I like:
- They are cheap and from other products I have had at a similar price point this doest mean they have to be rubbish
- the packaging – really nice
- The make up is embossed and I am a sucker for that stuff
I bought 3 mini palettes:
- Rosy Flush cheek palette
- Enchanted Dream eye palette
- Birthday Suit eye palette
Now for what I didn’t like:
- LOADS, and I mean LOADS of kick back, proper messy, eye-shadow everywhere, the same with the cheek palette
- No pigment, like at all – I tried it with and without primers (Urban Decay Primer Potion and a No 7 Eye Primer)
- Huge fallout – cheeks were a muddy mess.
Rating: 2/10 and that’s for the packaging. As it was 3 for 2 I didn’t spend a great deal probably about £10 but that’s a tenner that I could have saved and put towards a half decent palette. Save your money and don’t be swayed by the ‘pretty’.
This is obviously just my opinion so please do let me know if you have tried any of the products and had a different experience.
p.s. I also got a L’Oreal Nude Magique Blur Cream which is supposed to be a dupe for Benefit’s POREfessional (£9.95) and its OK, I was not totally blown away by it and I would advise that ‘less is more’ when using it but I would give it a 8/10.