Now we all know I love My Little Box but I do try and remain unbiased in my reviews, so even if it’s MLB, if something is rubbish I am going to say so. This month’s theme was #nofilter and it was all about the nudes. Again we did not get a box and I am still sulking about that. However I do use the make-up bag daily and it holds loads of pretties and as it’s transparent I can easily find things without having to empty the entire thing.
1. My Little Box foundation brush: Oh this is just so cute and pink and little and lovely and just everything. There is a slight problem though. For me, it doesn’t bloody work. The brush is just too dense, it is lovely and soft and I can swirl it all over my face all day long, but the minute I try and apply foundation with it, it just takes my foundation off. I thought at first it was the foundation, then maybe I was being too heavy handed but in the end I had to face the fact that as foundation brushes go this one won’t be getting used.
It did clean well and looks cute in my brushes pot so it will stay as a nice ornament and if my daughter (who also gets MLB) likes it she can have a spare. My rating: 3/10 purely because it is pretty.
2. Phone ring: I adore this. It is really well made and is mostly rose gold. Unfortunately I have an old phone and not the fancy rose gold one but it still looks nice. I don’t use it so much with my finger but as a little phone stand as you can change the angle of the ring. My rating: 10/10
3. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – I was so happy to get this in my box as it was something I have coveted for a long, long time. I was proper giddy. As I have said in some other posts I am having issues with my skin so I am hoping that that is why I really did not get on with this primer. I was expecting miracles but all I got was a nasty texture, balling up and patchy foundation, I was so CROSS.
I am not totally writing it off as I am unhappy with everything I am using lately so it has got to be me and my stupid hormones rather than all the products. With that in mind I will revisit it once my skin is behaving: My (temporary) Rating: 3/10.
4. Beauty notepad – rubbish filler item, don’t need it, don’t want it and if I was the greatest Youtuber ever (Kimberley Clarke – check out her Anti-haul videos) I wouldn’t buy it. 1/10
5. My Little Beauty nude nail polish ‘Toute Nude’: This is another adorable item and I love everything about it. The packaging is to die for and the little drawing on the back of the box is #totesadorbs. The colour is lovely and I will be wearing it all summer once I have a bit of colour. My rating 10/10
6. Calvin Klein – Deep Euphoria. As samples go this was one of the best, no scratch and sniff here thank you very much. We got a miniature bottle with a decent enough amount of scent in it. The fragrance is nice and I will be using it. My rating: 10/10
7. Blush Pink Heart Bubble Wrap: I know, I know, I know, this isn’t an item but packaging but it is so cute it deserves its own mention. I love it and I am keeping it and I just blinking love it. My rating 10/10
So my Little Box had a few fails this month but I still love the box and it is still my favourite. Bring on the April box, I can’t wait!
Overall rating: 7/10
You can see my unboxing here: