Hello and welcome!
This blog has no fixed ‘subject matter’; I like to ramble and will blog about whatever takes my fancy.
I am currently addicted to YouTube beauty bloggers; however when I am done I feel like I have binged on a 1000 tonnes of Ben and Jerry’s. It felt good at the time but now I feel fat, guilty, ugly and just urghhhhhhhhhhh.
I am fat and over forty. I have wrinkles. I follow the tutorials and look like a bloody clown.
So I thought “Eureka! |Mouse! Do it yourself!!!”
Hmmm yep, one major problem though….. There is no way I am putting my mush on CAMERA ….Oh no,not gonna happen. I would become a YouTube sensation for ALL the wrong reasons. Not thin, not 20, not flawless, definitely not a make up artist and my accent……….nope the Vlogger world is not for me.
The other thing is, I sit there watching and thinking ‘oh that looks so easy, that product is amazing’. Then common sense kicks in and I am not so sure……..So here, in my little mouse hole, I am testing products I have bought myself and I will tell you what I really think.
So if you too feel fat, forty, wrinkly and just plain old blurgh and would just rather read a middle-aged ramblings about all things beauty, then come join me. I may one day reveal my videoed self (about June 2018 if I actually start and stick to a diet on Jan 1st) but for now I’ll be a little shy Mouse.
NB: whatever I say on this site are my own personal opinions blah blah. I am not affiliated to any brand. (Although I could be bought for a bag full of Benefit products #justsaying)
I decided to do the 50 interesting facts, but I don’t think there are 50 but I will give it a go
- I am 45 and hate it
- I have 3 kids – mostly grown
- I had 3 dogs but lost one last week – god bless and RIP little lady
- My other two are a black lab and a Heinz 57 and i love them dearly
- I cannot put on eyeliner
- I cannot stop eyeliner smudging
- I am adopted
- Originally from Ireland
- Adopted in England
- Have been through the adoption ‘finding’ process; it a whole blog on its own if i could be bothered to write it. I can’t be bothered.
- I secretly eat jars of peanut butter
- i cant eat food that is touching
- i cannot eat a burger as it should be eaten; i have to eat it layer by layer
- i have food OCD – see above
- i sort midget gems into colours before i can eat them see above
- i am a make up whore
- i can go a full weekend and not get dressed
- i love black and white films
- i love christmas films
- i love christmas
- my other half looks like Delboy off Only Fools and Horses
- My other half thinks he is Delboy off Only Fools and Horses
- My other half would try to sell you a watch – see above
- I am addicted to playing Hay Day
- I am addicted to The Real Housewives of anywhere
- I want to be a real housewife
- Well no, i want to shop as if i was a Real Housewife
- I want Botox
- And a Nose Job
- And a Boob Job
- and Lipo
- In fact i want a whole body lift
- I secretly dance around my kitchen to The Nolans
- I dance around my kitchen to The Nolans – not in secret, when i am drunk
- When i am drunk i think i am best singer in the world
- I am not the best singer in the world
- i cant sing
- I can’t type capital Is
- I am a Game of Thrones nerd
- I only found out eyeshadow came in palettes about 2 months ago when I saw them on YouTube – before that they were just eyeshadow
- I can’t style my hair
- I am scared of hairdressers
- I have hair to my arse – see above
- I like tequila
- I like wine
- I like alcohol
- Alcohol doesn’t like me
- When i win the lottery i will have a counter of every make up brand installed in my house so my bedroom looks like debenhams
- I will give the rest to charity – i am not that shallow
- Actually I will give a quarter of the rest to charity because i am more shallow than i thought and i want a pair of UGGS in every colour and style too